August 4, 2011 update! Facebook has put back in the ability to create a new album at the time you upload a batch of photos:
Frustrating, I know, but sometime after March 2011, Facebook removed the “Create Album” button on the photos feature of the fan/business page. As of this post, seemingly you can only upload photos to your Wall Photos album on your fan page (remember I’m talking about a fan page, not your personal profile page). Note, I’m using “fan page” to represent any sort of business page that you administrate on Facebook.
I finally figured out a workaround and like most tricks, is very simple:
- Go to your fan page (like http://www.facebook.com/nashvillehiking) and click on the Photos button (usually under your branded image in the left hand column):
- Click Upload Photos in the upper right hand corner of your page:
- In the resulting dialog box, click Try the basic uploader:
- For some reason, the basic uploadergives you the ability to add an album. Here, name your album. Then add a location if you like:
- Then upload at least one image to your new album.
- Once you’ve created this new album, you can then add new images to that album without using the basic uploader.
Does it work for you? Please leave me comments below.